Thursday, October 04, 2012

Postcards for Pokey's Pet Project

For Pokey's Pet Project, I started making "dog" themed postcards.  Here is the scoop about her project, here on her blog.  You can make some too, and send them to Houston.  It's a great cause for 'Friends for Life' in Houston.  Your postcards need to arrive in Houston by October 23rd. 

Here is a dog bone up close and personal. I made a bunch a postcards with Mistyfused scraps.  I had some fun searching for my stash of dog fabrics, because I knew that I hadn't unpacked them yet.  I love this black and white dog fabric.
Then I thought that this dog needed googily eyes.  I found out that I could not draw dogs very well, when I was brainstorming about what to make. 
Then the call out included other subjects, which I was pretty happy about.

This postcard has both paper and fabric.  Yes, the paper has Mistyfuse on it, and it fuses beautifully.  The tag is a photo transfer

Queen for a day

Journey.  I love the colors of this one!

Cup and Saucer...one of my favorite motifs!

Then I found these leftover zipper flowers from a previous project

I really like how this turned out

and this one is totally fun too!  I can't wait to see all of the cards displayed in Houston!  Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Truly Sweet! The cup is my favorite, but I do love the pup. Judith, Texas

    PS: I mailed my pet postcards out yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment if you have a chance!